Buyer ClientsSeller Clients
Our goal is to make your purchase and loan closing a smoother process. To help you understand the process, we have outlined some of the steps below.
- You will be given a copy of the purchase agreement from your realtor and/or your lender.
- If title insurance is required by you or by your lender, we order a “plat drawing” or “property sketch”. The purpose of doing so is to show that the house is within the boundary lines of the property.
- We will contact your seller’s closer to obtain payoff figures for any mortgage or liens the seller may have on the property.
- At closing, we retain the amount of the seller’s proceeds necessary to pay off such liens and record satisfactions or releases at the county recorder’s office.
- At closing, we go through your settlement statement to show you an itemization of all the costs. We will explain the terms of the promissory note, mortgage and other documents.
- Throughout the buying process you are encouraged to contact us with any questions.
- We obtain from you or your realtor a copy of the full purchase agreement. If you have an abstract of title to your property, we will give it to your buyer’s closer. We will also need to have the name and loan number of any mortgage that you may have on the property (for a payoff statement).
- We will prepare a settlement statement itemizing all the costs in order to show your net proceeds. This will provide you with a clear written account of your sale.
- A deed, as well as the other seller closing documents, will be drawn up ahead of time so that everything is ready for your signature. We will have you come in and meet with us before closing so that everything is ready when your buyer is ready to close.
- It is not necessary for you to be at your buyer’s closing. We deliver your closing documents to the buyer’s closer in exchange for your sales proceeds.
- These proceeds are immediately deposited in our trust account. Your expenses are taken out, then your check is either mailed, deposited in your account, or ready for you to pick up at our office.
- Throughout the sale process you are encouraged to contact us with any questions.